You can integrate the apps with the credit card reader and seamlessly make the credit card payments from “Checkout” screen.
Currently we support [PayPal Here] [ Square ] and [SumUp] for the card processing. In this article we explain how to integrate the app with [ SumUp ].
Please see this article for the [PayPal Here] integration, this article for the [Square] integration.
- You are in the country where SumUp is offering the service (please check http://sumup.com/)
- SumUp Account
- SumUp Card Reader
Setup TapStyle application
- Navigate to “Setting” > “Payment Method” > “Card Reader Integration” section
- Select the “SumUp” segment switch
- Select the transaction currency
- Select one of the “Payment Method” which you want to use the card reader with (It maybe VISA/Master, Amex, etc…) to edit
- Enable the “Use Card Reader” switch for the selected “Payment Method” then press “Save”
- Confirm the selected payment type has a credit card icon in the list.
Now you are ready to process the customer’s credit card while checkout
- Select whatever you would like to checkout (Goods, Service, Gift Voucher) and fill necessary information (Discount, quantity, etc).
- Press “Payment Button”
- Select the “Payment Type” which you set as “Use Card Reader” (in “Setting” > “Payment Method” screen).
- You’ll see “Card Reader” button appears on the screen, press it.
- Screen from SumUp will be launched with the charge amount you have entered in the Checkout.
- Make sure the card reader device is connected.
- Swipe the card and or read the Chip using the card reader.
- Give the phone/tablet to the customer so the customer can sign or input the PIN then hands back it.
- The payment is processed (between Square payment gateway and your device) and confirmation is displayed, press the check mark on the screen to finish
- The result is back to the TapStyle app. Confirm the transaction was completed and press OK.
- You may want to send receipt to the customer as usual and finish the checkout process.
So, the steps 1-4 and 10-11 are done on our app, and 5-9 is done on SumUp side. Our app simply passes the charge amount to SumUp, and they process the payment and back the result to the app.
All the payment process is done within SumUp, and the app dosn’t view or save any customer's credit card data, means the card information is very secure.